The Way changed my life and the perception of its very essence. On July 22, 2021 at 12:33 pm I published this post on all my social networks:
“ATTENTION! Cause realization DREAM I’m leaving for the Camino de Santiago: alone and without a telephone. 900 km on foot from Saint Jean Pied de Port to Finisterre. Therefore, I will not be present nor reachable on social networks. Am I prepared for such an experience? Absolutely no. Have I ever walked many kilometers in a single day or for many days? Never! Am I a person who keeps fit by going to the gym or doing constant movement? Neither. Do you know what a person I deeply love said to me one day?
“Look at the birds of the sky: they do not sow, they do not reap, they do not gather into barns, and your Father feeds them. Aren’t you worth much more than them? Do not be anxious, saying, “What will I eat? What will I drink? Where will I sleep? Will I be able to walk all those days? Because it is the pagans who seek all these things; but your Father knows that you need all these things. kingdom and the righteousness of God, and all these things will be given to you in addition. So don’t be anxious about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself”.
Best regards and see you in September… maybe. #staytuned.
Soon I would be leaving on a plane that would take me from Rome to Lourdes and then from Lourdes to Saint Jean Pied de Port, a small village located in the French Pyrenees and the starting point of the French journey. Thirty-six days. Thirty-six days my journey lasted. Thirty-six days in which I traveled the “beauty” of over 900 km on foot from the Pyrenees to the Atlantic Ocean, alone and without a telephone, sleeping not only in the various hostels but also on the street, in a stable, in a tent, in an abandoned monastery and living two days in a hippie community.
I cried, I suffered, I was in the hospital, I put my life at risk, I smiled, I rejoiced, I screamed and I finally felt in the right place in this world. I have told all these experiences and emotions in a book. To deepen the subject, to find out more and if you too have decided to walk the Camino de Santiago or if you dream of wanting to do it sooner or later, I suggest you buy it and you will find out why every year, 300,000 people from all over the world, they decide to tackle the most famous Way in the world. If you too, like me, have always dreamed of giving up everything, aware that the life you lead is not the one you dreamed of as a boy, perhaps my experience could give you the courage that I lacked for 35 years …
To deepen the subject, to find out more and if you too have decided to walk the Camino de Santiago or dream of wanting to do it sooner or later, I suggest you buy my book where you will find out why every year, 300,000 people from all over the world, they decide to tackle the most famous Way in the world. If you too, like me, have always dreamed of giving up everything, aware that the life you lead is not the one you dreamed of as a boy, perhaps my experience could give you the courage that I lacked for 36 years …
Reading my experience, you will discover in detail and above all proven in the “field”:
- the history of the journey (historical notes, symbols and legends) and symbolic places;
- suitable clothing and shoes, which backpack to buy and above all what to put inside;
- duration and distance of the journey, how many days it takes to complete it and where to start based on the days available;
- how to train before leaving and the necessary physical preparation;
- how much does it cost to walk the path, where to eat and sleep along the path;
- whether walking the path alone can be dangerous for a woman and whether there is a possibility of getting lost;
- the answer to many questions and concerns (which were also mine) posed by many aspiring pilgrims and the possibility of contacting me to dispel all your doubts / hesitations;
- finally, I will tell you why a journalist and radio host gave up his whole life of comfort and materiality, to travel more than 900 km on foot from the Pyrenees to the Atlantic Ocean, alone and without a telephone, sleeping over that in the various hostels also on the street, in a stable, in a tent, in an abandoned monastery and living two days in a hippie community.
…. “I gave up everything, I left home, sold my car, motorcycle, clothes, my rolex and most of the material things I owned to follow that almost nagging, suffocating, undeterred feeling that once known does not make you find peace: SANTIAGO, the Camino de Santiago. My life needed answers that only a journey in complete solitude could give me “….
Below, I will list all the stages faced in this spectacular experience where for each one, once clicked, there will be a video of me. Each video is available with subtitles of the major languages spoken in the world, English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Dutch, Russian, Portuguese, Urdu. Just click on the subtitles section and choose your language. Take care of these images and these words of mine, do not imagine how much they cost me …
TOTAL KILOMETERS TRAVELED ON FOOT: 931.9
Below is the trailer for this magnificent experience.